[Solved] Using nested resources in C++/QML files

• From my main C++ code (see below), I'm calling an animation QML file that's in my resources. This is what my main function looks like:

@
    int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QApplication app(argc, argv);
    QDeclarativeView view;
    view.setSource(QUrl("qrc:/MyFiles/animation.qml"));
    view.show();
    return app.exec();
    }
    @

Inside the animation.qml file, it's using an image that's also a resource file. Here's an abbreviated version of the QML file:

@
    Rectangle {
    width: 1430; height: 800; color: "lightsteelblue"
    Image {
    source: "qrc:/MyFiles/krlogo.jpg"
    SeqeuntialAnimation {
    running: true
    (a NumberAnimation and a ParallelAnimation)
    }
    }
    }
    @

The lightsteelblue window for the animation comes up fine, so I know the C++ part is doing its job, but I never see the image or the animation in the window that appears. I know the QML file works fine because when I execute it alone, everything moves as it should. Is there some special trick to calling a resource file from a resource file?

• Just use relative path specified in the qrc:
    @MyFiles/krlogo.jpg@

• I switched the source in the QML to "/MyFiles/krlogo.jpg" and had no luck. But I then changed it to "/MyFiles/KRLogo.jpg", and it worked. Since when are filespecs case-sensitive?

Also, why is the title of my post in gray whereas most are in black? Am I on some kind of naughty list? :o)

• I guess unread threads are in black. :)

• Moderators

Qt resources are always case-sensitive (as are the filesystems on unix/OSX). Windows' file system is the odd man out, being case-insensitive. In practice, it's generally a good rule to assume that filenames are case-sensitive.

• Thanks for the posts. I've only ever worked in a Windows environment. Very interesting about the others platforms. I'll certainly start paying attention to that!

• Moderators

Good deal! Glad it helped.

• [quote author="mlong" date="1314385199"]Qt resources are always case-sensitive (as are the filesystems on unix/OSX). Windows' file system is the odd man out, being case-insensitive. In practice, it's generally a good rule to assume that filenames are case-sensitive.

[/quote]

Just for the records
    Mac OS X HFS+ with standard settings is case insensitive too.

One should always use the right case, though. That saves you from trouble later, when you're on case sensitive systems.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.