Building Qt 5.10.1 from source on Linux(Ubuntu) using clang/LLVM

• Hello,

I wanted to know the feasibility of building Qt 5.10.1 entirely using clang/LLVM on Linux(Ubuntu 17.10 x86_64).
    I saw there are some reports on that(to use ./configure -platform linux-clang - http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/configure-options.html). So, I have tried to build on my side using clang(v 5.0.0-3) for Qt 5.10.1 from its source which is taking considerably long period of time(looks like expected though). Meanwhile, I wanted to check here from the relevant people here. So, any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
    Raghavan

• Moderators

@geekie12 said in Building Qt 5.10.1 from source on Linux(Ubuntu) using clang/LLVM:

I wanted to know the feasibility of building Qt 5.10.1 entirely using clang/LLVM on Linux(Ubuntu 17.10 x86_64).

I think it should be OK. Clang is used to make the official builds of Qt for macOS/iOS/tvOS/watchOS. If something fails, take note of the exact error messages and post them here for help.

I have tried to build on my side using clang(v 5.0.0-3) for Qt 5.10.1 from its source which is taking considerably long period of time(looks like expected though).

Yes, Qt is a huge framework so building the whole thing could take a few hours (depending on which modules you enabled, and what your PC specs are)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.