QDataWidgetMapper and formatting date/time

• There is currently an "order date" column table in a SQLite DB which holds the string "2011-08-21", when that column is mapped (via QDataWidgetMapper) to a QDateEdit, it is not parsing the string into a date correctly. Is there some way to control the formatting in this situation?

Side note, if it matters: In the next 6-month the DB is going to be converted from SQLite to Firebird.

Sam

• I think the easiest way would be creating a custom QItemDelegate subclass, and override setEditorData and setModelData. In those you can check (qobject_cast) if you're getting/setting data from/to the QDateEdit, and properly convert the string to a QDate or vice-versa.

• Well, I like the idea, but... I don't see setItemDelegate on the QDateEdit widget. How do I set a custom delegate on the QDateEdit?

• I get it, I set the delegate on the QDataWidgetMapper.

• Just for the records:
    Unfortunately, SQLite does not provide a native date/time type. It is usually mapped into a string columns (like in your case) or an int or double typed column (usually holding seconds since epoch = 1970-01-01 00:00:00 GMT).

PS:
    Ah, I see you got that string to date conversion already and just search for the proper way to inject that beast.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.