Promoting to custom widget in QtDesigner '*.hpp' no such file or directory [cmake]

• Hello, I am having trouble promoting a widget in the qt designer to a widget I made. The widget I made is derived from a QFrame so I am promoting a regular QFrame in the designer. But when I try to build ui_main_window.h complains it can't find the specified header.
    For the promotion I tried the following settings and their combinations:
    Base class name:
    QFrame
    Promoted class name
    CameraFrame
    dashboard::CameraFrame
    Header file
    include/dashboard/cameraframe.hpp
    dashboard/cameraframe.hpp
    cameraframe.hpp

So I think I should be adding something else to my CMakeLists.txt perhaps? I don't how I can fix this. My project's layout is :

/dashboard
    ----/include
    --------/dashboard
    ------------cameraframe.hpp
    ----/src
    --------cpp files
    ----/resources
    --------/images
    ----/test
    --------tests
    ----/ui
    --------mainwindow.ui
    ----CMakeLists.txt
    ----mainpage.dox
    ----packages.xml

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

@Valveware You probably don't have the custom widget mocced in your cmake. Can you share your cmakelists.txt?

• This is my project's cmakelists.txt

##############################################################################
    # CMake

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.0)
    project(dashboard)

# Catkin

# qt_build provides the qt cmake glue, roscpp the comms for a default talker
    find_package(catkin REQUIRED COMPONENTS qt_build roscpp)
    include_directories(${catkin_INCLUDE_DIRS})
    # Use this to define what the package will export (e.g. libs, headers).
    # Since the default here is to produce only a binary, we don't worry about
    # exporting anything. 
    catkin_package()

# Qt Environment

# this comes from qt_build's qt-ros.cmake which is automatically 
    # included via the dependency call in package.xml
    rosbuild_prepare_qt4(QtCore QtGui) # Add the appropriate components to the component list here

# Sections

file(GLOB QT_FORMS RELATIVE ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR} ui/*.ui)
    file(GLOB QT_RESOURCES RELATIVE ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR} resources/*.qrc)
    file(GLOB_RECURSE QT_MOC RELATIVE ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR} FOLLOW_SYMLINKS include/dashboard/*.hpp)

QT4_ADD_RESOURCES(QT_RESOURCES_CPP ${QT_RESOURCES})
    QT4_WRAP_UI(QT_FORMS_HPP ${QT_FORMS})
    QT4_WRAP_CPP(QT_MOC_HPP ${QT_MOC})

# Sources

file(GLOB_RECURSE QT_SOURCES RELATIVE ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR} FOLLOW_SYMLINKS src/*.cpp)

# Binaries

add_executable(dashboard ${QT_SOURCES} ${QT_RESOURCES_CPP} ${QT_FORMS_HPP} ${QT_MOC_HPP})
    target_link_libraries(dashboard ${QT_LIBRARIES} ${catkin_LIBRARIES})
    install(TARGETS dashboard RUNTIME DESTINATION ${CATKIN_PACKAGE_BIN_DESTINATION})

# Tests
    catkin_add_gtest(cameranodetests test/cameranodetests.cpp)

• Moderators

@Valveware said in Promoting to custom widget in QtDesigner '*.hpp' no such file or directory [cmake]:

file(GLOB_RECURSE QT_MOC RELATIVE ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR} FOLLOW_SYMLINKS include/dashboard/*.hpp)

Ok that looks like it would indeed moc your cameraframe.hpp.. So that's probably not the issue.

Can you share the build log from gcc? And also the ui_main_window.h file as well as ui_cameraframe.h?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.