Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
QGLWidget with custom OpenGL context
I'm trying to have my custom context creation works with QGLwidget, by creating a custom QGLContext.
But I'm facing a problem on Linux (so with GLX):
The visual I get from my FrameBuffer configuration ( glXChooseFBConfig / glXGetVisualFromFBConfig ) is not compatible with the one in the QGWidget.
And so the glXCreateWindow needed for glXCreateContextAttribsARB, fails.
I would like to know if it's possible to update or create the QGLWidget from my visual?
Because it's seems important to match the glx concept :
- FrameBufferConfiguration creation
- Visual retrieving
- XWindow creation from visual ( so my qt widget )
- GLXWindow creation from FBConfig and XWindow
- GLXContext creation from GLXWindow & FBConfig
I finally solver my problem by :
- converting my XVisualInfo in a compatible QGLFormat
- constructing my QGLWidget with this format
- setDevice to my custom context with the qglwidget instance
- setContext on the qglwidget with my custom context
I wrote a small article to describe that : http://virtrev.blogspot.fr/2012/12/custom-opengl-context-with-qt.html