QCanBus: Device Interface for peakcan and systeccan not available?

• I tried retrieving the device interface names for all the supported CANs using:-

QList<QCanBusDeviceInfo> availableDevicesList = QCanBus::instance()->availableDevices(QString("vectorcan"))

(for vectorcan, systeccan, peakcan, tinycan.)

While I was able to obtaine the device interface names for tinycan and vectorcan, there was no device available for peakcan and systeccan.

How do I create the devices for peakcan and systeccan if there's none available?

p/s: Using QT5.9.0

• Most likelly, you need in a *.dll's of peakcan and systeccan (e.g. pcanbasic.dll and so on). Please be convinced that its are present, e.g. in same directory with the your executable file, or a path to libraries are added to the PATH env.

• @kuzulis said in QCanBus: Device Interface for peakcan and systeccan not available?:

Most likelly, you need in a *.dll's of peakcan and systeccan (e.g. pcanbasic.dll and so on). Please be convinced that its are present, e.g. in same directory with the your executable file, or a path to libraries are added to the PATH env.

Correct, you always need the device drivers and for most plugins also a DLL. That's all documented in the plugin pages available from https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtcanbus-backends.html#can-bus-plugins

I've tried the following code on my system (with Peak drivers installed and a PCAN-USB Pro connected, no Systec and no Vector drivers installed):

#include <QCanBus>
    #include <QCoreApplication>
    #include <QDebug>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
        const QStringList plugins = QCanBus::instance()->plugins();

for (auto plugin : plugins) {
            QString errorString;
            const QList<QCanBusDeviceInfo> devices = 
                  QCanBus::instance()->availableDevices(
                        plugin, &errorString);
            if (!errorString.isEmpty())
                qDebug() << plugin << errorString;
            for (auto device : devices)
                qDebug() << plugin << device.name();
        }
    }

which gives me the following output:

Starting F:\build-canenum-Desktop_Qt_5_9_1_MinGW_32bit-Debug\debug\canenum.exe...
    "peakcan" "usb0"
    "peakcan" "usb1"
    "systeccan" "Cannot load library usbcan32: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden."
    "tinycan" "can0.0"
    "tinycan" "can0.1"
    "vectorcan" "Cannot load library vxlapi: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden."
    F:\build-canenum-Desktop_Qt_5_9_1_MinGW_32bit-Debug\debug\canenum.exe exited with code 0

From the error messages you see that the DLLs for Systec and Vector are missing. I guess that's the same for you, @MrBrightSide8.
    PS: The two devices for TinyCAN are really a bug, which is tracked as https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-62958

• Yes, you're right. Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.