Resizing QMainWindow and QDialog

• Hello,
    I would like to know if it is possible to resizing automatically the QMainWindow depending on the Windows' property "resizing and layout" (a sort of zoom) of the desktop..
    Thanks

• Qt Champions 2017

Hi
    Layouts only resizes widgets inside the window.

It sounds like you want to resize the actual window but what/how does user do it ?

• hi,
    i want that the application being adaptive to the resolution and the layout of the available desktop whitout the user's work

• @Ocram10

you can get the Screen Resolution with QRect rec = QApplication::desktop()->screenGeometry() and at the start up of your program you can set the size of the window that you want. maybe a percentage value.

• @Fuel ok but if i work with two different screen a primary and a secindary how I can adjust the layout of QMainWindow when I put the application from the primary screen to the secondary. Look the different result in the two different image: 1 in the primary screen and 2 in the secondary I want
    to avoid this effect
    0_1507535243022_Cattura1.PNG 0_1507535256711_Cattura2.PNG

• @Ocram10

you mean when you pull the window from the screen to the other screen? i dont think that its possible. maybe if there is an event that get triggered when you switch screens.

• @Fuel the exemples in pyqt-master do it automatically but i don't understsnd what event or property they use

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.