How to use QML Camera image in c++ code

• How can I access image captured by QML Camera element in c++ code ?
    I want to capture an image using qml camera element, change it in some way using c++ and then display it to the user, but I can't find the way to do this.

Any help appreciated :)

• This should be possible. After you take a picture, call a method in C++ ( expose a method or class instance from C++). Once you are done with your C++ code, raise a signal and catch it inside QML. I don't see whey this should not be possible?

• Hi,

From what I understand the Camera element will save the image to a file, which you should then be able to manipulate. Maybe something like the following?

@
    Camera {
    onImageCaptured : {
    // pass the preview URL to a processImage function exposed from C++
    myApp.processImage(preview)
    }
    }
    @

You'd then need to expose the manipulated image back to QML (either as a URL for a saved file, or using QDeclarativeImageProvider) for display.

If you aren't real familiar with the ways QML and C++ can communicate with each other, http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qtbinding.html provides a great reference.

Regards,
    Michael

• I want to process every frame of the camera video, how to do that @mbrasser.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.