QApplication: modify Windows systray using QWinTaskbarButton

• Hi,

I have a QT application (QT .9.1) and I need to modify the icon in the windows taskbar, when I have an error. I am trying with QWinTaskbarButton, it seems to be really simple but I failed.

My application is a QtQuickControlsApplication (a QApplication), where I have a manager QObject class.

In this class I create a QQmlApplicationEngine, which I use to load the main QML.

From the documentation (http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qwintaskbarbutton.html#details):

QWinTaskbarButton *button = new QWinTaskbarButton(widget);
       button->setWindow(widget->windowHandle());
       button->setOverlayIcon(QIcon(":/loading.png"));

But i don't know what to set in 'widget' and 'widget->windowHandle()'

I have tried to get a widget from the qApp but failed:

qApp->activeWindow() is NULL
     qApp->topLevelWindows().at(0) is valid, but failed:

QWinTaskbarButton *button = new QWinTaskbarButton(qApp->topLevelWindows().at(0));
     button->setWindow(qApp->allWidgets().at(0)->windowHandle());
     button->setOverlayIcon(QIcon(":/images/icon.png"));

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks in advance,
    Diego

• Moderators

@Diego-Donate
    why don't you simply use the corresponding QML type of WinTaskbarButton?

• Thanks!! This works!!

My problem is that I need to show a number over the custom icon, is it possible?

Regards,
    Diego

• Moderators

@Diego-Donate

1. implement a custom QQuickImageProver
    2. set the wintaksbar icon to "image://myimageprovider/icon?number=2", or also possible simply image://mytaskbarimageprovider/2 (whatever it easier for your needs)
    3. in the image provider you have to parse the received url for the number and paint it into a QPixmap and return the pixmap

• Thanks! I will try that

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.