Trying to find POSIX calls made by Qt

• Hello everyone,

I'm trying to compile a list of POSIX calls made by -QT- Qt for a project; I'm trying to see if -QT- Qt fits a safety profile selected by our customer.

I had thought to run the command "nm" (I'm using Linux) on the compiled libraries, but this didn't prove to be fruitful. Anyone have a simple or clever way of compiling this list?

My second idea was to try to compile each library individually and use -nostdlibs while compiling, but I'm not sure how to go about compiling each library separately.

Thanks,
    Phillip

• What do you mean with "list of POSIX calls" exactly? You could run your program under ltrace / strace and find out all the library calls made by your application...

• Under this specific safety protocol, only a certain (albeit still large) subset of the POSIX calls are allowed, and we are attempting to see if Qt will meet that requirement. Hence needed to first make a list of the total set of POSIX calls used.

I will try that though, thanks. Didn't think of ltrace.

• Which functions are not "allowed" by this profile?

• Fetch the Qt sources and grep them.

@
    #!/bin/sh

unsafeCallList="unsafecall1|unsafecall2|unsafecall3"

find *.cpp | while read sourceFile
    do
    grep --extended-regexp "$unsafeCallList" $sourceFile
    done
    @

A runtime analysis using strace or ltrace will be difficult, as you have to ensure that every single piece of code is at least run once.

• Even if Qt would be "safe", the other linked libraries (eg. C++ standard lib) could violate the profile....

• @ TheWorldJoker

By any chance did you have any success at determining the POSIX calls?

I have a similar question and need to determine which POSIX calls Qt absolutely needs to be present in an RTOS environment.

Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.