Qt 5.9.2 cross-compiled: host errors

• I'm successfully cross-compiled Qt 5.9.2 for Raspbian Stretch with the following setup:

git clone -b 5.9 git://code.qt.io/qt/qt5.git
    cd qt5
    ./init-repository
    ./configure -release -opengl es2 -device linux-rasp-pi2-g++ -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=~/opt/tools/arm-bcm2708/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-raspbian/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf- -sysroot ~/opt/sysroot -opensource -confirm-license -make libs -prefix /usr/local/qt5pi -extprefix ~/opt/qt5pi -hostprefix ~/opt/qt5 -v -nomake examples -nomake tests -optimized-qmake -reduce-exports -no-pch
    make -j4
    sudo make install

No problem while configuring and building.
    Issues raised when I set up QtCreator (3.5.1):

• debugger: ~/opt/tools/arm-bcm2708/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-raspbian/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gdb
    • compiler: ~/opt/tools/arm-bcm2708/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-raspbian/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++
    • qmake: ~/opt/qt5/bin/qmake
    • sysroot: ~/opt/sysroot

I've done this several times in these years. Now, when I create a new QWidget project I get this error:

/home/mark/opt/qt5/mkspecs/features/toolchain.prf(70): system(execute) requires one or two arguments.
    Project ERROR: Cannot run target compiler '/home/mark/opt/tools/arm-bcm2708/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-raspbian/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++'. Maybe you forgot to setup the environment?
    Error while parsing file /home/mark/Documenti/test2/test2.pro. Giving up.

What environment is talking about? The *-g++ file is there!

Instead, creating a QtQuick project leads to these other errors:

home/mark/opt/qt5/mkspecs/features/qmake_use.prf(6): 'take_first' is not a recognized replace function.
    Project ERROR: Library '' is not defined.
    Warnings while parsing QML type information of /home/mark/opt/qt5pi/qml/QtQuick.2:
    /home/mark/opt/qt5pi/qml/QtQuick.2/plugins.qmltypes:1:24: Reading only version 1.1 parts.
    /home/mark/opt/qt5pi/qml/QtQuick.2/plugins.qmltypes:10:5: Expected only Component and ModuleApi object definitions.

Warnings while parsing QML type information of /home/mark/opt/qt5pi/qml/QtQuick/Window.2:
    /home/mark/opt/qt5pi/qml/QtQuick/Window.2/plugins.qmltypes:1:24: Reading only version 1.1 parts.
    /home/mark/opt/qt5pi/qml/QtQuick/Window.2/plugins.qmltypes:10:5: Expected only Component and ModuleApi object definitions.

I'm stuck! I never had such a problem - I don't know what those messages actually mean and how to fix.

• Solved upgrading everything and rebuilding all...

• Hi,
    I encountered exactly same problems: successfully building qt, successfully build a program in terminal, but same errors configuring qt creator.

What do you mean saying "upgrading everything"?
    I have the same branch of qt and upgraded raspbian stretch lite with apt.
    The only difference is in the -device configure option that I write linux-rasp-pi3-g++ instead of linux-rasp-pi2-g++.

Thank you for your help

P.S. Is it possible that problems comes by using lite raspbian version and not the full one?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.