Problem with code::blocks;Qt4;MingW;The procedure entry point.. could not be located in the dynamic link library QtCore.dll:

• I am running Code::Blocks 10.05 with the MingW compiler package on a Win7-32 box.

I downloaded and installed the Qt libs for Windows/MingW (qt-win-opensource-4.7.3-mingw.exe) - installation went smoothly - BUT when it prompted me for the directory for MingW and I pointed it to Code::Blocks installation directory, Qt installer told me my Qt package was for MingW 4.4 and I had 4.4.1 installed - 'installation may not work'. I installed anyhow, figuring there's no significant difference between 4.4 and 4.4.1 and the installation finished without error, all the Qt libs and tools are installed.

Afterwards, in Code::Blocks I created a small test project using the Code::Blocks wizard - here is the code:

#include <QApplication>

int main(int argc, char* argv[])

{
    QApplication app(argc, argv);
    return app.exec();
    }

The code built fine in the IDE - no errors or warnings, but when I ran it, I immediately received this error message, and the app exited with an error code:

"The procedure entry point _ZI3qFlagLocationPKc could not be located
    in the dynamic link library QtCore.dll"

Anybody know what's going on here? Is it because of the MingW version discrepancy I was warned on, or some other reason? How can I fix this? I want to use Qt Code::blocks, not Nokia QtCreator.

TIA

• How did you run it? Did you pressed the green "play" button within Qt Creator?

• Do you have your Qt libs in your PATH?

• [quote author="loladiro" date="1312451221"]Do you have your Qt libs in your PATH?[/quote]

Also: do you have the CORRECT Qt libs in your PATH? Notice that (as far as I understand), at least with Windows, there is one set of these libs for internal use by Qt Creator ("4.7.4" version) and another set to be linked with your applications (4.7.3 version). ;-)

• I found with 4.8 that this will happen if you copy the wrong DLLs for the target. For me it was that I needed those from the ...*Desktop*\Qt\4.8.0\mingw\bin ... Any DLL from another target would produce that same error.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.