What's the best method to create a GUI similar to Qt Designer's Property Editor?

• We are creating a new level editor for my company and need to implement a property editor similar to the one that Qt Designer has- where there are clickable headers to expand/collapse a section of properties. I may only want the grid to show when a header is expanded though.

Was this done using a QTreeView with QTableWidgets as the tree item delegates? Or should I use a QTableWidget and implement my own multiple header class (to do the expand/collapse handling)?

I looked through the forums already and didn't see anything similar to what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

• Moderators

There are several examples of property editors on "qt-apps":http://qt-apps.org/

use property as search string and will have plenty examples.

EDIT : the Qt Designer sources are available to look into too....

• Thanks, Eddy.

Looks like maybe QtPropertyBrowser from QtSolutions archive might be what I'm looking for. We are using the Qt commercial license so this would be safe to use, I'm assuming. BTW- is that the source for Qt Designer's property editor?

• Moderators

No I don't think so. Afaik Qt Designer existed before Qt Solutions. But I'm not sure. You could check it easily by comparing the sources.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.