QtCreator subdirs vs. libraries

• I am using QtCreator 2.2.1 to create an application for Maemo and Symbian^3 phones. I refactored my code into a supporting library and the application. Now I need help making QtCreator build and link with the library. I have read the documentation and followed it as closely as I can. It does not work for me.

I tried adding a library to the application project. In the wizard, I get as far as specifying the directory of the library's .pro file. The wizard will not let me select a library. Even if it did, it is not clear how to specify the library name and location in a platform-agnostic way.

I tried making a subdirs project and adding my library and app directories to it:

SUBDIRS = ../libraryprojectdir ../appprojectdir

This let me compile but not link. There seems to be no way to specify the library build directory for each of my target platforms.

• I would suggest to have a lib dir somewhere in your build tree and specify $DESTDIR for the lib accordingly. Then you can be sure that the lib will be in that directory, regardless of the platform. Also, I case you didn't know, you can use CONFIG += ordered to make sure your the subdirs are built in the order you specify (i.e. you lib is built first).

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.