Bindable dynamic properties on QObject or QQuickItem?

• Is there a way to dinamically create a property on a QObject, QQuickItem or QQmlContext that will notify changes done by QML to C++?

setProperty and setContextProperty do not notify changes done by QML to the c++ side.

Using a static Q_PROPERTY with a QVariant map is the same, changes on "sub values" are not notified to the c++ side.

I'm not sure about the QQmlProperty class, can this be used to create Q_PROPERTY(ies) or is it just an interface to existing Q_PROPERTIES?

Thanks in advance

• Moderators

@Fede-Devi said in Bindable dynamic properties on QObject or QQuickItem?:

Using a static Q_PROPERTY

right, they are static. So they are created at compile time (MOC).
    Dynamic properties do not have a signal to trigger changes.

You can create Q_PROPERTY properties of type QObject*. Those objects then can have properties which trigger changes.
    But at the end bindable properties always need to be 'static' and be known to the meta-object.

What is your use-case to need dynamic properties?! i don't see how this might be useable in any way?!

• What is your use-case to need dynamic properties?! i don't see how this might be useable in any way?!

The application is completely model driven.

The use case is exposing a single selected item of an item model with the same role names and same syntax of the item model and with "both-ways binding".

something like:

Textfield {
    text : itemModel.current.rolename;
    onTextChanged: itemModel.current.rolename = text;
    }

Is there another way?

I could notify the c++ manually with a Q_INVOKABLE but I would like to keep the syntax consistent.

• Found a solution, QQmlPropertyMap

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.