How to set QToolBar color without losing the blue QToolButton hover effect

• Everytime I try to set the background color of my toolbar I lose the blue hover effect of the Actions/ToolButtons.
    I tried with setting a new stylesheet and also with appending to the existing one.

When using one of the following, I lose the hover effect:

ui->toolBar->setStyleSheet("background-color: rgba(200, 200, 200, 255);");
    //or
    ui->toolBar->setStyleSheet(ui->toolBar->styleSheet().append("background-color: rgba(200, 200, 200, 255);"));

When adding the hover part, I use the background color of the Toolbar instead.

ui->toolBar->setStyleSheet("background-color: rgba(200, 200, 200, 255); QToolButton:hover {background-color: blue};");
    //or
    ui->toolBar->setStyleSheet(ui->toolBar->styleSheet().append("background-color: rgba(200, 200, 200, 255); QToolButton:hover {background-color: blue};"));

I tried playing with Palette in Designer but that did not work at all.

What is the right way of doing this?

• @Megamouse said in How to set QToolBar color without losing the blue QToolButton hover effect:

ui->toolBar->setStyleSheet("background-color: rgba(200, 200, 200, 255);");

Use

ui->toolBar->setStyleSheet("QToolBar { background-color: rgba(200, 200, 200, 255); }");

maybe that helps.

• Qt Champions 2016

Hi
    Style sheet are cascading
    so when u set on ToolBar with no Type specifier/name it also affects buttons
    So what @Fuel suggest, should work as its using typename.

• amazing !

it works, thank you @Fuel @mrjj

I did not know I could set a style for only the target object by using its own typename.

thanks again

• Qt Champions 2016

@Megamouse
    Super :)
    And to the typename, you can also add instance name (object name)
    QPushButton#evilButton { background-color: red }
    Type QPushButton but only named evilButton
    http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/stylesheet-examples.html

You can apply stylesheet to QApplication.
    That is the highest parent you can get and it will affect most.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.