Using Clang configured with MSVC 2017 on Windows with QtCreator 4.3.1

• Hi,

I've been trying to build my Qt application using Clang.
    It worked fine (mostly) while I was using it alongside MSVC 2015's standard library (by simply using the auto-detected "LLVM 64bit based on MSVC2015" compiler), however, I would like to use some of the new C++17 headers that were shipped with MSVC 2017 only.

QtCreator does detect my installation of LLVM/Clang 3.9.1, but it insists on using it configured based on MSVC 2015, and I can't find a way to switch it to be based on MSVC 2017.

I have desperatly been trying to manually add some compiler configuration that would allow me to do such a thing, but it seems that I can not set up the build environment properly.

For instance, if my understanding is correct, MSVC ships a script called vcvarsall.bat to set all the build environment variables necessary, but I can't see any option in the manual configuration for a Clang compiler (or a custom compiler for that matter) to call that script. Even though the auto-detected LLVM clearly knows this script and uses the MSVC 2015 version of it!

0_1499339785493_Qt_MSVC14_LLVM.jpg

I would like to avoid manually changing the build environment variables (mostly the include and lib paths for the standard library) for each of my projects, if at all possible.

NB: I also have installed Qt 5.9 binaries built with MSVC2017, and it builds fine with MSVC.

I am quite puzzled by this issue, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be very much appreciated!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.