[SOLVED] How to apply a font family as default through a Qt Quick app

• Real use case: Nokia is encouraging developers to use Nokia Pure in apps targeting Nokia devices. Makes sense and the font looks nice. Now, how is the best way to implement this in a Qt Quick project? I could not find any hints in the QML docs and I have no idea about Qt/C++.

I want to have Nokia Pure Text as default for all text strings. If a specific item requires a different font.family (e.g. Nokia Pure Header) then I would just need to add the parameter to the item itself.

fwiw my first little Qt Quick pet project can be found at https://gitorious.org/testdef/testdef/trees/master/testdef

• In the main() function add a call to "QApplication::setFont()":http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qapplication.html#setFont. Your QML elements should then use the specified font as default.

• Thanks but the builder complains. Maybe I'm still doing something wrong?

@#include <QtGui/QApplication>
    #include <QtDeclarative>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QApplication app(argc, argv);
    QApplication::setFont("Nokia Pure Text");
    QDeclarativeView view;
    view.setSource(QUrl("qrc:/qml/main.qml"));
    view.showFullScreen();
    return app.exec();
    }
    @

...main.cpp:-1: In function 'int main(int, char**)':

...main.cpp:8: error: no matching function for call to 'QApplication::setFont(const char [16])'

...QtSDK/Madde/sysroots/harmattan-nokia-meego-arm-sysroot-1122-slim/usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qapplication.h:162: candidates are: static void QApplication::setFont(const QFont&, const char*)

• Moderators

Try this :

@QFont nokiaFont;
    nokiaFont.setFamily("Nokia Pure Text");
    QApplication::setFont(nokiaFont);
    @

• Thanks Eddy, the builder liked your code and digested it.

• Moderators

Lol
    And now you're going for the dessert!?

I'm glad I could help!

• What is the advantage of using the form Eddy posted and something like this:

@int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QApplication app(argc, argv);
    #if defined(MEEGO_EDITION_HARMATTAN)
    app.setFont(QFont("Nokia Pure Text"));
    #endif
    @

• Eddy's code is more explicit and allows you to set additional properties on the QFont object before setting it as the application font.

The #if defined part means that it is only compiled in if you are targeting MeeGo.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.