How to launch my software when the installation is finished? (Qt Installer Framework)

• Hi All,

I would like to execute my application after the installation for Windows throught Qt Framework Installer. My goal is to update my software when an update is available like that https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34318934/qt-installer-framework-auto-update .

There are the steps :

• Click on the shortcut and launch my software
    • Check if an update is available
    • If no update available, continue
    • If an update is available, call "maintenancetool --updater"
    • Quit my software
    • Install my update (Qt Installer Framework based)
    • At the end of my installation and the installation window is closed, I would like to launch my software???

My question is : how to launch my software when the installation is finished??

• Moderators

@julia_f

Apparently, you are using already QProcess for the installer update check.

You can simply use also QProcess and start your application again after update.

• @koahnig
    I would like that my software does a software update itself. I need to stop my software before to do a software update (with my installer) cuz in Windows, you cannot delete an executed program. And at this point, you must to launch the software in the installer script.

I would like to know how to do that in the installer script (not in my software/c++)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.