Create dynamic geometry with Qt3D and C++

• Hi guys,
    I'm new to Qt3D and I have a simple question: which is the best way to dynamically create 3D geometry for rendering using Qt3D?

With "dynamically create 3D geometry" I mean to generate vertices and triangles in c++.

Can you please provide an example - few lines of code - ?

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

Hi DDraw, welcome to the Qt forums,

This question has been asked recently in another thread. You might also look in there...

Good to see Qt3D gets a lot of interest. Unfortunately, not all the examples of the QT3D developers made it in the latest build.

• Hi Eddy,
    thank you for the prompt reply.
    I already checked this example but unfortunately it does not work inside my environment - I probably missed some Qml-to-c++ porting.
    I succeded in viewing a few points but it does not show any triangles - this was the reason why I asked a "minimal c++ only example".

Is there any other example I can check for having a minimal - but complete - c++ implementation?

Thanks for your help.

DDraw

• Moderators

@DDraw If you don't find what you want in the released examples, you can look into the future version on github.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.