Cannot build project

• Hi all

i dont see a support group and i tried sto ansfer here my question, i create a basic project hello world mingw, kits are configured ok but when i tried to build them i receive this:

19:44:44: Running steps for project test...
    19:44:44: Could not create directory "C:\Users\giova\Desktop\Test\Error in " Util.asciify("build-test-Desktop_Qt_5_8_0_MinGW_32bit-Debug")": TypeError: Property 'asciify' of object Core::Internal::UtilsJsExtension(0x8139520) is not a function"
    Error while building/deploying project test (kit: Desktop Qt 5.8.0 MinGW 32bit)
    The kit Desktop Qt 5.8.0 MinGW 32bit has configuration issues which might be the root cause for this problem.
    When executing step "qmake"
    19:44:44: Elapsed time: 00:00.

Italian Version

• As mentioned in the Italian forum, my guess is that something is missing/wrong in the kit configuration

@johnnyboy said in Cannot build project:

The kit Desktop Qt 5.8.0 MinGW 32bit has configuration issues which might be the root cause for this problem.

• Kit configuration thats ok i check file, path e follow step by step all guide on internet, i follow the tips of italian post, but nothing the error give me the message About root Write priviliegies but im a unique admin of pc and i have excecute it ad admin, nothing.

• @johnnyboy said in Cannot build project:

message About root Write priviliegies

🇬🇧 Could you move your project somewhere "safe"? something like C:\QtProjects

🇮🇹 Puoi provare a spostare il progetto in una cartella "sicura"? tipo C:\QtProjects

• :-1: warning: The build directory needs to be at the same level as the source directory.