#include <stddef.h> compiler error

• Hi All, I'm new to Qt, I installed the newest sdk and tried creating a very basic Qt widget application -> Qt Gui application. Basically just a hello world type app. I get an error in gglobal.h file:

C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.0\msvc2010\include\QtCore\qglobal.h:45: error: C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stddef.h': No such file or directory

I'm running Qt on Windows 7 box as an administrator. Thanks for your time and help.

• Do you have MSVC installed in your machine???

• Thanks for the reply Vijay. No I don't have MSVC installed. I take it you are referring to Microsoft Visual C++. What version do I need?

• mm.. as per your its says it should be "msvc2010" or the best thing is to use MinGW compiler as it comes pre-installed with Qt SDK. From your project properties select MinGW under Qt Version tab, and select MinGW under Edit build configuration also.

This should work..

• I have the same problem.
    there are 3 header files which qtcreator cant fine .
    <comdef.h> <atlbase.h> and <stddef.h>.
    which <stddef.h> is defined and used in "qglobal.h"
    I had Vs 2013 and Vs 2010 installed when i installed QtCreator 5.2
    then i found out that in order for the QtCreator to compile, i need to install VS2012 as well! so i did , this time the compilition is halted with those headers being not found!
    How can i solve this issue ?
    Regards in advance.

• Any help? i am really having lots of problems.
    i re installed qt 5.2 msvc2012 . apart from my former problem, now if i try to create a default application, it just fails!! with the compiler error :
    bq. F:\ms\Qt5.2.0\5.2.0\msvc2012\include\QtCore\qglobal.h:46: error: C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stddef.h': No such file or directory

What is going on? please someone help!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.