Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Installing Qt 64bit and Qt Static 64 bit on Windows 7
Enthusiastic Student last edited by
I had a lot of issues figuring out where to get the Qt versions, what to install and what to compile. I found a method that works for me and I thought I'd share.
I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. This method takes up a lot of space, but requires little thought and modification.
The steps (I always launched msys2 as administrator):
- Download MSYS2 64-bit (link to msys2 64-bit on msys.org)
- Install it somewhere. I chose C: \Developer\msys64
- Run mingw64.exe and try the command
- This should be an invalid command, but if not will update your msys2 installation.
- Next update your msys2 installation by running
pacman --neede -S bash pacman pacman-mirrors msys2-runtime
- Click the x to exit, once the last command has run. Do not type exit.
- and again click the x to exit.
- Now get the perquisites by running
pacman -S base-devel git mercurial cvs wget p7zip
pacman -S perl ruby python2 mingw-w64-i686-toolchain mingw-w64-x86_64-toolchain
- The last command has some redundancy, so you could probably drop the perl, ruby, and python2 parts since they seem to be installed with the base-devel. Exit by clicking x.
- Now install Qt, Qt Static and Qt creator by running
pacman -S mingw-w64-i686-qt5 mingw-w64-x86_64-qt5 pacman -S mingw-w64-i686-qt5-static mingw-w64-x86_64-qt5-static pacman -S mingw-w64-i686-qt-creator mingw-w64-x86_64-qt-creator
You are now done!
When there was an option I selected to install everything or overwrite everything.
It should be noted that I tried multiple methods before and while I attempted to completely wipe each iteration, that did not work, from my computer there may have been some legacy components that magically made this work for me :-$
I hope this helps someone!
mchome last edited by
How do you choose which version to create? For instance 5.12.6?
How do choose the directory where to install MinGW-64 environment for Qt?