Dynamically add QQuickView-based windows from c++ code and embed QObject

• This is a question related to this one: https://forum.qt.io/topic/77907/right-way-to-dynamically-create-qml-windows
    I tried to implement a prototype of multi-window system using dynamically created QQuickView-derived windows and I'm facing a problem with embedding c++ objects into qml.

Adding new window (for this test is called when button clicked in simple QMainWindow):

MyWindow *window = new MyWindow(&engine);
        window->setSource(...);
        window->rootContext()->setContextProperty("window", window);
        window->show();

QML code:

import QtQuick.Controls 1.2

Button
    {
        id: button
        property int i: 0
        anchors.fill: parent
        text: "press me!"
        onClicked: window.increment()
    }

And this increment function to test code:

void MyWindow::increment()
    {
        qDebug() << this << ++this->i;
    }

My problem is, every time I create new window and call setContextProperty, property 'window' overwrites to the last window and in every window button click calls increment function from the last added window. How can I pass separate QObject to each instance of QQuickView using setContextProperty?

• I found some kind of workaround that helps me with it, but I'm not sure if it is very smooth solution. Here is a new code for window creation:

QQmlEngine *engine = new QQmlEngine;
        MyWindow *window = new MyWindow (engine);
        window->setSource(...);
        window->rootContext()->setContextProperty("window", window);
        window->show();

With this each window is associated with the correspondng QObject. But is it a good solution - to create separate QQmlEngine for each window?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.