How to control MainWindow widget from Thread ?

• Hi All,

I create a MainWindow , a button and a listWidget on my mainwindow.cpp by:

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) : QMainWindow(parent), ui(new Ui::MainWindow)

void MainWindow::on_pushButton_2_clicked()
    {
        ui->listWidget_2->addItem("abc");
    }

Then I create a thread by Qthread as below:

class T3Thread : public QThread
    {
        Q_OBJECT

private:
        void run()
         {
             //ui->listWidget_2->addItem("567");
             for (int i = 0; i <= 100; i++)
             {          
                 delay(20);
             }
         }
    };

I want to show some information to my listWiget_2, however listWidget_2 not belong to "T3Thread",
    so compiler will fail if I add "ui->listWidget_2->addItem("567");".

I understand this issue is cause by ui not declared in T3Thread, but I do not now how to fix it.

Any suggestion will be very appreciate.

Thanks,

• Create a signal in the thread like Q_SIGNAL void addItemToList(const QString&);
    • Create a slot in MainWindow like void addItemToList(const QString& val){ui->listWidget_2->addItem(val);}
    • connect them connect(t3thread,&T3Thread::addItemToList,this,&MainWindow::addItemToList,Qt::QueuedConnection);
    • emit the signal from the thread when you want to add an item emit addItemToList("567");

P.S.
    Almost mandatory reading: https://mayaposch.wordpress.com/2011/11/01/how-to-really-truly-use-qthreads-the-full-explanation/

• This post is deleted!

• @VRonin
    Thanks for your help. I should spend some time to try your suggestion and study the link in more detail.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.