Problem using QWebEngine on virtual machine

• Hello,

I've installed MSVC2015 64bit on a new 64bit Win10 Virtual Machine, along with Qt 5.8

I compiled and ran the built in WebEngine Demo Browser example.

Any URL I load in this project simply doesn't render properly. Even a simple page like www.google.com, it seems the CSS and javascript mouse interactions are all corrupted and nothing is displayed properly.

I then used WinDeployQt to package the demo. I ran it on my Win10 VM (outside of Qt Creator environment) and still, no web-pages would render or perform properly.

If I then take that same deployed build to a non-virtual Win10 machine, it seems to work properly.

Is there some issue with running QtWebEngine inside a Win10 virtual machine? If so, is there a workaround? I do all my development on virtual machines, and this issue is making it impossible to do so.

Thanks for any insights

• @pmh4514

I received an answer from Qt support, it solved the problem. Their answer below:

On a virtual machine the OpenGL support might not be enough for rendering Qt WebEngine, so the quickest way to check if this is the case here is to do:

set QT_OPENGL=angle

on the command line or add:

QGuiApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_UseOpenGLES);

before the creation of the application object

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.