Problem adding another constructor to QSslCertificate

• I added another constructor like this:

QSslCertificate(); // My new constructor
        explicit QSslCertificate(QIODevice *device, QSsl::EncodingFormat format = QSsl::Pem);
        explicit QSslCertificate(const QByteArray &data = QByteArray(), QSsl::EncodingFormat format = QSsl::Pem);
        QSslCertificate(const QSslCertificate &other);
    Q_DECLARE_METATYPE(QSslCertificate)

Here's the initialization:

QSslCertificate::QSslCertificate()
        : d(new QSslCertificatePrivate)
    {
        QSslSocketPrivate::ensureInitialized();
        d->x509 = X509_new();
    }

Problem is when I go to compile this code i get the following error message:

QtOpenGL: created fwd-include header(s) for <srcbase>/src/opengl/ { qgl.h (5), qgl_p.h (1), qglbuffer.h (2), qglcolormap.h (2), qglframebufferobject.h (3), qglframebufferobject_p.h (1), qglfunctions.h (3), qglpaintdevice_p.h (1), qglpixelbuffer.h (2), qglpixelbuffer_p.h (1), qglshaderprogram.h (3), qgraphicsshadereffect_p.h (1), qtopenglglobal.h (1) }
    In file included from ../../include/QtCore/qmetatype.h:1:0,
                     from ../../include/QtCore/../../../../../mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/kernel/qobject.h:54,
                     from ../../include/QtCore/qobject.h:1,
                     from ../../include/QtCore/../../../../../mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/kernel/qcoreapplication.h:46,
                     from ../../include/QtCore/qcoreapplication.h:1,
                     from /mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/global/qt_pch.h:62:
    ../../include/QtCore/../../../../../mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/kernel/qmetatype.h: In instantiation of ‘static void* QtMetaTypePrivate::QMetaTypeFunctionHelper<T, Accepted>::Construct(void*, const void*) [with T = QSslCertificate; bool Accepted = true]’:
    ../../include/QtCore/../../../../../mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/kernel/qmetatype.h:1682:53:   required from ‘int qRegisterNormalizedMetaType(const QByteArray&, T*, typename QtPrivate::MetaTypeDefinedHelper<T, (QMetaTypeId2<T>::Defined && (! QMetaTypeId2<T>::IsBuiltIn))>::DefinedType) [with T = QSslCertificate; typename QtPrivate::MetaTypeDefinedHelper<T, (QMetaTypeId2<T>::Defined && (! QMetaTypeId2<T>::IsBuiltIn))>::DefinedType = QtPrivate::MetaTypeDefinedHelper<QSslCertificate, true>::DefinedType]’
    ../../include/QtCore/../../../../../mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/kernel/qmetatype.h:1712:42:   required from ‘int qRegisterMetaType(const char*, T*, typename QtPrivate::MetaTypeDefinedHelper<T, (QMetaTypeId2<T>::Defined && (! QMetaTypeId2<T>::IsBuiltIn))>::DefinedType) [with T = QSslCertificate; typename QtPrivate::MetaTypeDefinedHelper<T, (QMetaTypeId2<T>::Defined && (! QMetaTypeId2<T>::IsBuiltIn))>::DefinedType = QtPrivate::MetaTypeDefinedHelper<QSslCertificate, true>::DefinedType]’
    ../../include/QtNetwork/../../../../../mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/network/ssl/qsslcertificate.h:208:1:   required from here
    ../../include/QtCore/../../../../../mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/kernel/qmetatype.h:766:16: error: call of overloaded ‘QSslCertificate()’ is ambiguous
             return new (where) T;
                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
    cd themes/ && ( test -e Makefile || /tmp/makepkg/qt5-base-server-side-sni/bin/qmake -o Makefile /mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/platformsupport/themes/themes.pro ) && make -f Makefile 
    In file included from ../../include/QtNetwork/qsslcertificate.h:1:0,
                     from ../../include/QtNetwork/../../../../../mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/network/ssl/qsslerror.h:46,
                     from ../../include/QtNetwork/qsslerror.h:1,
                     from ../../include/QtNetwork/../../../../../mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/network/ssl/qsslsocket.h:49,
                     from ../../include/QtNetwork/qsslsocket.h:1,
                     from ../../include/QtNetwork/../../../../../mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/network/ssl/qsslconfiguration.h:61,
                     from ../../include/QtNetwork/qsslconfiguration.h:1,
                     from ../../include/QtNetwork/QSslConfiguration:1,
                     from /mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/network/access/qnetworkaccessmanager.h:46,
                     from /mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/network/access/qnetworkaccessmanager_p.h:55,
                     from /mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/network/access/qnetworkaccesscache.cpp:44:
    ../../include/QtNetwork/../../../../../mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/network/ssl/qsslcertificate.h:91:5: note: candidate: QSslCertificate::QSslCertificate(const QByteArray&, QSsl::EncodingFormat)
         QSslCertificate(const QByteArray &data = QByteArray(), QSsl::EncodingFormat format = QSsl::Pem);
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ../../include/QtNetwork/../../../../../mnt/disk-2/builds/qt5/qtbase/src/network/ssl/qsslcertificate.h:89:5: note: candidate: QSslCertificate::QSslCertificate()
         QSslCertificate();
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's erroring on the macro Q_DECLARE_METATYPE, and I can't figure out why. QFileInfo and QDBusUnixFileDescriptor are examples that are doing the same thing without any problems.

QFileInfo:

QFileInfo();
        QFileInfo(const QString &file);
        QFileInfo(const QFile &file);
        QFileInfo(const QDir &dir, const QString &file);
        QFileInfo(const QFileInfo &fileinfo);
        ~QFileInfo();
    Q_DECLARE_METATYPE(QFileInfo)

QDBusUnixFileDescriptor:

QDBusUnixFileDescriptor();
        explicit QDBusUnixFileDescriptor(int fileDescriptor);
        QDBusUnixFileDescriptor(const QDBusUnixFileDescriptor &other);
    #if defined(Q_COMPILER_RVALUE_REFS)
        QDBusUnixFileDescriptor &operator=(QDBusUnixFileDescriptor &&other) Q_DECL_NOTHROW { swap(other); return *this; }
    #endif
        QDBusUnixFileDescriptor &operator=(const QDBusUnixFileDescriptor &other);
        ~QDBusUnixFileDescriptor();
    Q_DECLARE_METATYPE(QDBusUnixFileDescriptor)

I'm trying to create a null certificate so I can then populate it with information dynamically with the purpose of giving QtSsl the ability to create Ssl certificates. This is driving me nuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• You have 2 constructors that do the same thing.

You have a default with QSslCertificate() then you have an overloaded one with QSslCertificate(const QByteArray &data = QByteArray(), QSsl::EncodingFormat format = QSsl::Pem).

So it's telling you the constructor call is ambiguous as it doesn't know how to differentiate between those 2. Add a non-defaulted parameter to your constructor or (and this isn't a good idea) remove the QByteArray() default from Qt's constructor.

• Thank you very much for the answer. I didn't even notice that QByteArray &data had a default value, and didn't take that into account! You saved me from tearing my hair out.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.