[solved] QDialog closing

• Hi everybody,
    my problem is that when I click on the OK button on the QDialogButtonBox of my dialog, I have to verify data inserted in the dialog and if there's something wrong, show a messagebox and avoid closing the dialog.
    now I'm handling the accept() slot, and it seems it's impossible to stop closing when clicked on the button.
    Is there a way to avoid window closing?
    thanks
    Paolo

• Probably you should re-write "QDialog::closeEvent":http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qdialog.html#closeEvent and ignore this event if you wish.

• You can override closeEvent and add your additional test code before accept the closing.

@void MyDialog::closeEvent(QCloseEvent *event) {
    if (maybeSave()) {
    writeSettings();
    event->accept(); // close window
    } else {
    event->ignore(); // keep window
    }
    }@

• if you use QPushButton, than you can connect signal to you slot, and then do validation, if your data is valid, then exec QDialog::accept() slot, else - do nothing :)

• or if you use QDialogButtonBox you can do like that:
    @switch (m_ui.btnBox->buttonRole(btnClicked)){
    case QDialogButtonBox::ResetRole:
    generateDefaultValues();
    updateRows();
    break;
    case QDialogButtonBox::AcceptRole:
    if (isValid()) {
    s_rows = m_rows;
    QDialog::accept();
    }
    break;
    case QDialogButtonBox::RejectRole:
    QDialog::reject();
    break;
    }@

• Another approach is ot validate the input data as it changes and only enable the OK button when the data is valid.

• thanks a lot everybody. I've decided to follow Maxim advice.
    close event is also raised when the user closes the window with the X or via the window manager, and in this case I don't want to save anything.
    bye bye
    Paolo

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.