QFileDialog - about the behavior of "QFileDialog::Directory" and "QFileDialog::ExistingFile".

• Firstly, I'm sorry if my English is hard to understand.

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qfiledialog.html#FileMode-enum
    This document descrives that "QFileDialog::Directory" is both files and directories, and "QFileDialog::ExistingFile" is single existing file.
    Then I wrote a minimal sample program like below but I can not understand its behavior.
    (OS is Linux)

#include <QApplication>
    #include <QFileDialog>
    int main( int argc , char *argv[] ) {
        QApplication app( argc , argv ) ;
        QFileDialog dialog;
        dialog.setFileMode( QFileDialog::Directory ) ;
    //    dialog.setFileMode( QFileDialog::ExistingFile ) ;
        dialog.show() ;
        return app.exec() ;

}

When I use QFileDialog::Directory, only directories are shown in the dialog.
    And when I use QFileDialog::ExistingFile, both files and directories are shown in the dialog.
    It seems that it is contrary to the document.

Is this a documentation bug?
    Or am I something wrong...?

• @tyamada said in QFileDialog - about the behavior of "QFileDialog::Directory" and "QFileDialog::ExistingFile".:

And when I use QFileDialog::ExistingFile, both files and directories are shown in the dialog.

I expect that the dialog is showing directories, so that you can navigate into one of them in order to select an existing file within it.

Cheers.

• Ah, I understood it, thanks!

But about the behavior of "QFileDialog::Directory", when I use qt4, it displays both files and directories as the document described(and as I expected).
    When I use qt5, it displays only directory.

So I suspect this is maybe qt5 bug.
    I'll try to report it to bugtracker.

Thank you very much!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.