Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Remove frame of a QApplication

• Hello everyone,
    I have built a QtQuick application and I now want to remove the frame, so the resolution of my main.qml will truly be what I am asking for.
    My main.cpp was generated by the Qt Creator wizard, so I am not sure I can apply the FramelessWindowHint flag on my application.

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
        QApplication app(argc, argv);

QQmlApplicationEngine engine;
        engine.load(QUrl(QStringLiteral("qrc:/qml/main.qml")));

return app.exec();
    }

Thanks for your help,

Regards

• Moderators

@bguivarch
    you can use ApplicationWindow QML type and set it's flags property:

ApplicationWindow {
        title: qsTr("My Application")
        flags: Qt.WindowStaysOnTopHint | Qt.FramelessWindowHint

// content
    }

Or you use QQuickView widget instead of QQmlApplicationEngine:

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
        QApplication app(argc, argv);

QQuickView view;
        view.setFlags( view.flags() | Qt::FramelessWindowHint );
        view.setSource(QUrl(QStringLiteral("qrc:/qml/main.qml")));
        view.showFullScreen();

return app.exec();
    }

• Hello,

Thanks for your answer, I had not think about looking in the QML properties of the application.
    I set the flags in my QML component, it works but when the application gets the focus, I kinda get a black flash. Is it the usual behavior?

And also, what is the best practice between using QQmlApplicationEngine and QQuickView? If I quote the documentation:

"Unlike QQuickView, QQmlApplicationEngine does not automatically create a root window. If you are using visual items from Qt Quick, you will need to place them inside of a Window."

As my application is mainly QML, should I switch to QQuickView? If I do so, do I also have to change the main component of my main.qml (which is currently of type ApplicationWindow) to a standard Item component?

Thanks,

Regards

• Moderators

@bguivarch said in Remove frame of a QApplication:

As my application is mainly QML, should I switch to QQuickView? If I do so, do I also have to change the main component of my main.qml (which is currently of type ApplicationWindow) to a standard Item component?

As the name already says, the ApplicationWindow element is already a window ;)

For the most users it wont make any difference which approach they choose.
    But you may want to try the QQuickView approach if it helps with the black flicker.

• Hello,
    I tried the QQuickView approach but still have the flickering issue. I'll investigate on this.

Regards