Qt Virtual Keyboard layout files

• Dear community,

I am currently deploying an application that is designed to run on touch-screen based device, therefore I customized the keyboard style itself, given the hints in the official Qt Documentation for 5.7 which I am using.

Everything works so far fine, however on all devices, the keyboard only shows the british layout. According to documentation this a fallback option if the virtual keyboard plugin does not find the layout files for the current locale, e.g. in my case de_DE.
    However, I know where those layout files are (browsed the source of the virtual keyboard plugin), but I do not know where to exactly put them.

The documentation so far only states 'layouts/language_country' (see here: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/technical-guide.html) but not where to exactly deploy those files. I moved them around the Qt directory in any logical place I could think off, but they never where loaded.

So where do I have to put these files and can someone update the documentation so others are able to find it?

Cheers, A.

• @LeP3nguin said in Qt Virtual Keyboard layout files:

Dear community,

I am currently deploying an application that is designed to run on touch-screen based device, therefore I customized the keyboard style itself, given the hints in the official Qt Documentation for 5.7 which I am using.

Everything works so far fine, however on all devices, the keyboard only shows the british layout. According to documentation this a fallback option if the virtual keyboard plugin does not find the layout files for the current locale, e.g. in my case de_DE.
    However, I know where those layout files are (browsed the source of the virtual keyboard plugin), but I do not know where to exactly put them.

The documentation so far only states 'layouts/language_country' (see here: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/technical-guide.html) but not where to exactly deploy those files. I moved them around the Qt directory in any logical place I could think off, but they never where loaded.

So where do I have to put these files and can someone update the documentation so others are able to find it?

Cheers, A.

i have same issues
    did you solved the problem?

and also "ChangeLanguageKey" is disabled.
    someone knows how to change other language?
    i added CONFIG += lang-all option in *.pro file, but no effect.

thanks

• @devj

Hello,

maybe try to add CONFIG += lang-de in the file virtualkeyboard.pro and then rebuild and redeploy. It locates under the sub directory /src/virtualkeyboard.

• Could someone change the language?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.