Compiling MYSQL driver with qt error " Qt5Sql.lib(Qt5Sql.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'"

• I'm trying to compile or build qt sql drivers to be able to connect to the mysql database.

I ran the following commands as instructed on the tutorial

cd %QTDIR%\qtbase\src\plugins\sqldrivers\mysql
    qmake "INCLUDEPATH+=C:/MySQL/include" "LIBS+=C:/MYSQL/MySQL Server <version>/lib/opt/libmysql.lib" mysql.pro
    nmake

I am getting this error:

" Qt5Sql.lib(Qt5Sql.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'"

I did download the 64bit version of the mysql library "mysql-5.7.14-winx64.zip" but i am still getting the same error.

I even tried to install DB2 and install it but i am still getting the same error.

Please help me on how to solve this ?

• The problem is that you are using a 32bit compiler. What compiler and OS are you building in?

• @VRonin I am using MSVC2015 64 bit on a 64 bit Windows 7.

• How do you initialise your compiler? you should call vcvarsall.bat amd64 to use the 64bit compiler

• Thanks @VRonin, i ran vcvarsall.exe amd64 on the MSVC2015 command prompt to configure for x64 build. It compiled successfully.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.