creating Installer in language other than English

• Hello,

I want to create installer for my application in different languages. I successfully create the installer for English using default Qt framework i.e no additional pages are introduced. Now i want to create installer in German language, i don't know how to produced further.

I also tried the translation example provided with Qt installer framework, i followed the step provided @ http://doc.qt.io/qtinstallerframework/qt-installer-framework-translations-example.html . But could not able to achieve the goal.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for quick response.

• Moderators

@neerajs said:

But could not able to achieve the goal.

Help us first and tell what exactly isn't working...

• In the translation example, a dynamic page is introduce with title "Translations Example" which has two string as "This is a dynamically Created page" and "This is some text.". As suggested in the example link provided above, before building installer i have created "de.ts" and "de.qm" file using "lupdate" and "lrelease" utility and also included "de.qm" file in package.xml. But on running installer text on the page appear in English instead of German.

I hope this will clear the doubts. I might be on the wrong path path, please suggest.

• Moderators

@neerajs
    note that the context in the ts file (in the example "Page" and "installscript") has to match.
    So did you rename your Page-class? If so you need to update the ts file.
    Also make sure that the path to the qm-file is correct.

• @raven-worx thanks for quick reply.

we did not make any changes in the context of page class or in any other files. we use the example as provided by the qt installer framework. Also qm-file is at the same directory where package.xml file is present i.e meta directory of root component.

Also one more observation on the running the installer with verbose (-v), default language show in the logs is en-US. Please find the image for reference. 0_1472463996341_TranslationExample.png

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.