QMediaPlayer::setPosition(qint64) funny behavior

• Hello,

I am currently writing a program in which I included a video player. I am using Qt5.7 and only Qt modules (QtCharts, QtMultimedia) on Mac OS X 10.11.5.

In my program, a QMediaPlayer allows me to play a video (in mp4 file format). I can control the position of the video with a QSlider but there are also other methods that can send a new position to the player.

My problem is the following :
    When I use the "setPosition(qint64)" method of the QMediaPlayer object I created, the position returned by the "position()" afterwards is never the same I wanted initially. Moreover, the new position is really out of sync with the position I inputted (like more than 20 seconds).
    I need the less delay possible between the position I input and the position the player really accepts.
    The only lead I have on my problem is that the video is of bad quality but I do not know much about video properties and I especially do not know which properties can cause this behavior.

Thank you for your replies.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.