New objects do not show.

• Greetings.

I have recently formatted my PC and reinstalled Qt Designer.
    It just so happens that the new additions I make to the old project I had do not appear on the application when I run it. Buttons, labels, table widgets, nothing works.
    Furthermoer, when I try to code something using those new objects, the debugger returns an error message saying that the variable i defined (the object name) is not an object.

The old stuff works just as it had before I formatted, its just the new additions that malfunction.

Any ideas on how I should proceed to solve this connundrum?

Thank you.

• Hello there!

I'm not sure, maybe this is a bit of a wild guess but: Did you accidentally copy the build-* directory of your project and now you got a different version of Qt which leads to those issues? In that case a clean build (including running qmake) wouldn't hurt.

Otherwise a bit more information might help.

• Apologies, it appears the problem is derived from folder permissions.
    Since the instalation folder of the program I was working on required administrator authorization, qtdesigner was not authorized to change the UI I was working on.
    I realized this when I deleted the original UI and tried to make a new one and it did not save where I ordered it. Saving to documents, copypasting it to the required folder and giving manual authorization granted me the changes.

I apologize.
    Thank you very much,

• No need to apologize. We have all done way stupider things at some point :)

Glad to hear that you managed to resolve the issue though!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.