Quick Controls 2 styles extension

• For example, consider Universal style.
    This is good, but not enough.
    Now, I have several problems with customization of my app:

1. Ligth and dark themes looks good, but I want to change more colors than just accent, foreground and background. I see in source code that now in universal style exist 18 different colors, but they read only. It mean that in code I can use them in read only context, and next code:
    Universal.altHighColor: Universal.Red

will return next error:

Invalid property assignment: "altHighColor" is a read-only property

1. Ok, may be I can extend universal themes and add own, where I will can redefine read only colors? No. I don't see real interfaces for this even in private classes.
    2. Once way that I see now is a copy paste Universal style, change colors to my needs and create own style, using private qt classes. Only for changing predefined colors.

Really, styling in quick controls 2 looks very good as idea, but implementation now is very limited. May be I just don't understand something? How I can change predefined colors or add new theme for universal style?

• It is all about the balance between performance and flexibility. The more configurable style attributes we add, the more information every single style node needs to store and inherit/promote, instead of being able to pick values straight from a shared table of pre-defined constants. The implementation is "very limited", as you say, by design. It is a deliberate choice to support a level of customization that keeps the performance optimal yet satisfies 90% of the users. For the 10% that need to go beyond that level, custom delegates, that allow you to do pretty much anything you want, is the recommended way to go.

• Ok, may be this have sense, but what I can do now, if I satisfied with universal controls but want just to change colors? Is exist way excluding copy pasting universal style?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.