QML Extension Plugin as static library

• Hi,

I'm trying to organize my code a little bit, but I'm failing put my shared qml files and C++ components in a separate library. I also want to "protect" my qml files by putting them in a resource file (I'm working on windows + Visual Studio + Qt VS addin). My structure is as follows

RootFolder
    -Binaries
    --MyApp,exe
    --SharedQMLLibrary.lib
    -Source
    --MyApp
    ---Main.cpp
    ---MyAppMainWindow.qml
    --Libraries
    ---SharedQMLLibrary
    ----SharedWindow.qml
    ----SharedComponent.cpp
    ----qmldir
    ----SharedQMLLibraryResource.qrc

In MySharedQMLLibrary i have a resource.qrc file which has qmldir and SharedWindow.qml as a file. In MyApp i have in the Main.cpp file Q_INIT_RESOURCE(SharedQMLLibraryResource); The qmldir file just contains :
    SharedWindow 1.0 SharedWindow.qml
    In my MyAppMainWindow.qml i can just do

#import 'qrc:/.'

SharedWindow
    {
    }

and it works. Now I'm struggling to make the C++ components available in MyMainWindow.qml.
    I've created a SharedQMLLibrary_plugin class which inherits from QQmlExtensionPlugin and in the registerTypes method i've added

qmlRegisterType<SharedComponent>(uri, 1, 0, "SharedComponent");

I've also updated the qmldir file to

module MyModule
    SharedWindow 1.0 SharedWindow.qml
    plugin sharedqmllibrary

but when i try to do in the MyAppMainWindow.qml

#import 'qrc:/.'
    #import MyModule 1.0

SharedComponent
    {
    }

It complains that module "MyModule" plugin "SharedQMLLibrary" not found. Anybody has any advice on how the qmldir file should look like, what i should import in the application qml files and how the output libraries in my binaries folder should be structured?
    Thanks,

Jan

• Hmm, I think my brain doesn't work well today. The qmldir stuff is only necessary for a shared library. Just a static library is ok... I can easily make my own init function in it to register all the types and i don't need the qmldir stuff (made it work with a dll to, i just forgot to put the dll on the correct location). Nevermind, problem solved, sorry for the confusion...

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.