[solved]winrtrunner error "The environment variable ExtensionSdkDir is not set."

• I am trying to build my project using the Visual Studio compiler in Qt Creator, but whenever I run the program the following error appears:

qt.winrtrunner: Using the Appx profile.
    qt.winrtrunner: The environment variable ExtensionSdkDir is not set.
    qt.winrtrunner: The directory "" does not exist.

• I have tried to add a "ExtensionSdkDir" in the build environment setting it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1\ExtensionSDKs". Then the following error occurs

qt.winrtrunner: Using the Appx profile.
    qt.winrtrunner: Failed to activate application: 0x80073cf1 "Package was not found."

• I have tried to run the same project with Visual Studio 2015 and it works fine, so I am assuming the problem must be Qt Creator.

• Alright, I found the solution to the problem. I set "ExtensionSdkDir" in the build environment to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1\ExtensionSDKs". Then I noticed that I did not enable "Developer Mode" in Windows 10 Settings (Update and security), enabling this function resolved the issue.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.