Providing a QWidget's native accessibility node for its parent widget.

• My custom widget has a native implementation for accessibility node. However, I couldn't find a way to provide the native node to its parent. Please help suggest whether there is a way for a QWidget to provide its native accessibility node to its parent?

• Moderators

@miku said:

However, I couldn't find a way to provide the native node to its parent. Please help suggest whether there is a way for a QWidget to provide its native accessibility node to its parent?

I am not quite sure what exactly you are trying to achieve?
    There is a static method available (QAccessible::queryAccessibleInterface()) to get the accessible interface of an given object.

• Sorry for unclear question. Let me clarify my question a little bit more. I'm working with Window accessibility specifically and prefer to implement my own IAccessible for my QWidget. I would like to only override the accessibility part of QWidget. May I ask if there is a way to control IAccessible object that is created by a QWidget? I was trying to handle nativeEvent WM_GETOBJECT but the IAccessible object I provided through nativeEvent function was not included in the application accessibility tree. Thanks!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.