How to save a file path in a single entry (Windows Registry by using QSettings?

• I want to enable the Windows XP Compatibility Mode in my app by clicking in an action in the app. The steps are easy:

• Acces to the Windows Registry
    • Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers\
    • Add a new entry with the path of the exe file. Finally, set "WINXPSP3" as value.
    • The next time, the app will be launched in this mode.

Now, im trying to implement it on Qt by using QSettings:

• First, get the current file path of the exe file
        const QString appPath = QCoreApplication::applicationFilePath();

• Go in QSetting to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers\
     const QString regPath = QStringLiteral("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\AppCompatFlags\\Layers\\");
        QSettings* reg = new QSettings(regPath, QSettings::NativeFormat);

• Now Add the entry:
        reg->setValue(appPath, "WINXPSP3");

What is the problem?
    QT didn't create an entry with this value. Qt create multiple subgroups depending of the directory tree. Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Example\example.exe

"C:" -> "Program Files (x86)" -> "Example" -> "example.exe" (value WINXPSP3).

But i want:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Example\example.exe" (value WINXPSP3)

Anyone, could help me?

Sorry for my poor english.

• @mojito

As mentioned in the documentation a single "\" or "/" indicates a subkey separator. You could try to use "\\" instead of "\".

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.