Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Windowflags for QInputDialog

• Hi
    I want to remove the Contexthelp button in the toolbar. I have tried with the following code but it doesnt do anything.

Qt::WindowFlags flags;
    flags = flags & ~Qt::WindowContextHelpButtonHint;
    QString text = QInputDialog::getText(this, tr("Rename page"),tr("Page Name:"), QLineEdit::Normal, tab->tabText(i),&ok,flags);

Are there another way to remove the contexthelp button?

• @chaf1984
    you may try this

QString text = QInputDialog::getText(this, tr("Rename page"),tr("Page Name:"), QLineEdit::Normal, tab->tabText(i),&ok,(this->windowFlags() & ~Qt::WindowContextHelpButtonHint));

or

Qt::WindowFlags flags = windowFlags();
    flags = flags & ~Qt::WindowContextHelpButtonHint;
    QString text = QInputDialog::getText(this, tr("Rename page"),tr("Page Name:"), QLineEdit::Normal, tab->tabText(i),&ok,flags);

• @Ratzz said:

(this->windowFlags() & ~Qt::WindowContextHelpButtonHint)

The problem is when I use (this->windowFlags() & ~Qt::WindowContextHelpButtonHint) it gets the windowsflags from the mainwindow with mini and max buttons.
    But got what I wanted with this code

(this->windowFlags() & ~Qt::WindowContextHelpButtonHint & ~Qt::WindowMinMaxButtonsHint)

Are there a better way to do this?

• @chaf1984 said:
    May be from your code.

Qt::WindowFlags flags = windowFlags();
        Qt::WindowFlags helpFlag =   Qt::WindowContextHelpButtonHint| Qt::WindowMinMaxButtonsHint;
        flags = flags & (~helpFlag);

• Thanks for the help, got it working. The solution works and I can get going with the other stuff :)

• @chaf1984
    Glad it helped.
    Once your problem is solved use the Topic Tools button to mark as Solved.
    Thank you.