Implementing a custom data model for SCXML

• I'm using Qt with an SCXML state machine. I want to use the native Qt SCXML interpreter via QScxmlStateMachine. However, Qt only supports Null, EcmaScript, and C++ data models for SCXML. My state machine has a custom data model.

I would like to subclass QScxmlDataModel to support my state machine. I can see how implementing the setup(), hasScxmlProperty(), setScxmlProperty(), and scxmlProperty() functions would allow setting/getting values from the data model. However, I don't see how to make it so that expressions and other model-specific items—such as with <transition cond="..."> or <script>...</script>—will properly be evaluated in my custom data model.

How can I make a custom data model that knows how to do more than just get/set properties?

• Answered on StackOverflow. The key is that there are many functions hidden from the documentation that need to be overridden, like evaluateToString().

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.