Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QtCreator and QML files

• Hello,

i have a troubles with understanding how QtCreator manages QtQuick projects. In general I have problems with understanding how to structure an application which uses both .qml files and some C++ as well. When I create a QtQuick project i see my .qml files listed in project view under a 'qml icon'. Later they are copied to out-of-source build folder.
    Recently I have created a normal Qt GUI application and later decided to add some QML.. I was suprised when I noticed that .qml files are visible as 'other files' rather than 'qml files' on the project tree and they are not copied to the out-of-source build directory.

So what makes the difference?

thanks for all suggestions, it is probably something simple which Im for some reason not able to see.

• When you start a C++ project with QML, a file qmlapplicationviewer.pri is included in your .pro file and a new variable DEPLOYMENTFOLDERS is added:
    @
    #folder where the qml files are
    folder_01.source = qml/projectName
    #destination folder in the build directory and the install directory
    folder_01.target = qml
    DEPLOYMENTFOLDERS = folder_01

include(qmlapplicationviewer/qmlapplicationviewer.pri)
    qtcAddDeployment()@

The function qtcAddDeployment() from the .pri file takes care of copying the file from that directory to the out-of-source build folder and to the install folder (through the use of the variables QMAKE_EXTRA_TARGET and INSTALLS).
    Apparently everything in the INSTALLS variable is also automagically displayed in the project tree in QtCreator without being listed as OTHER_FILES in the .pro.

• Thanks, so there is a chance that it will work. Anyway it is still hard to make this working for Qt application to which QML is added later.