Stylesheets and sizeFromContents

• I am trying to get a better understanding of the behavior I describe below.

I sub-classed QWidget to create a custom widget. For the sake of this question assume all that I did was add a label.

class MyWidget : public QWidget
    {
        Q_OBJECT

public:
            MyWidget();
            ~MyWidget();
        private:
            QLabel myLabel;
    }

MyWidget::MyWidget(QWidget *parent = 0) :
     Qwidget(parent),
    myLabel(new QLabel("",this)
    {
    }

I have stylesheet loaded into the application that specifies the minimum and maxiume size of MyWidget and the QLabel.

Example:

MyWidget,
    MyWidget QLabel {
    min-height: 65;
    max-height: 65:
    min-width: 200;
    max-width: 200;
    }

I am trying to draw this inside a listview with a custom delegate but the sizeHint function that I wrote does not behave as I would expect.

QSize MyItemDelegate::sizeHint(const QStyleOptionViewItem &option,
                   const QModelIndex &index) const
    {
        qDebug() << "sizehint" << endl;
        if(index.data().canConvert<MyModelItem>())
        {
            MyModelItem item = qvariant_cast<MyModelItem>(index.data());
            qDebug() << QApplication::style()->sizeFromContents(QStyle::CT_ItemViewItem, &option, QSize(),  item.getItem()) << endl

return style->sizeFromContents(QStyle::CT_ItemViewItem, &option, QSize(),  item.getItem());
        }
        else
        {

qDebug() << "Delegate...something broken" << QStyledItemDelegate::sizeHint( option, index) << endl;
            return QStyledItemDelegate::sizeHint( option, index);
        }

}

MyModelItem is just structure that has pointer to a MyWidget object.

This returns a QSize of 0,37. I am trying to figure out why it is not returning the size that I specified in the stylesheet.

• I'm not sure if this is going to fix your problem, but I think things like min-width, max-width, etc are supposed to end with px such as 65px; and 200px;. Also, you might want to post this in the General Desktop category. You posted this in Language Bindings which gets a lot less views than General Desktop. But you aren't using PyQt, PySide, etc.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.