[Solved] Scroll bar visible when scrolling

• Hello -

I am looking to create a scroll bar that is visible only when scrolling. I am using flickable and have found several examples of QML code that will do this for me. What I am wondering is how to incorporate it into my C++ code. Is it as simple as just setting the style sheet in my .cpp file for the flickable object?

If not, how do I embed QML code in C++. I have looked at many different resources, but cannot find an example that fully makes sense to me. I am relatively new to this.

Thanks for your help,
    Katelyn

EDIT: moved to Qt Quick forum, Gerolf

• Thank you - I found that helpful. I am receiving several errors:

error: 'QDeclarativeView' was not declared in this scope
    error: 'qmlScroll' was not declared in this scope
    error: expected type-specifier before 'QDeclarativeView'
    error: expected ';' before 'QDeclarativeView'

QDeclarativeView is a subclass of QWidget, which has been included in the file.

The following is the portion of c++ code that adds the scroll bar to the ui:

QVBoxLayout *vLayout = new QVBoxLayout;
    QDeclarativeView *qmlScroll = new QDeclaritiveView;
    qmlScroll->setSource(QUrl::fromLocalFile("ScrollBar.qml"));
    vLayout->addWidget(qmlScroll);

The following is the qml code for the scroll bar:
    import Qt 4.7

Rectangle {
    id: container
    color: black;

property var flickableArea

Rectangle {
    y: flickableArea.visibleArea.yPosition * container.height
    width: parent.width
    height: flickableArea.visibleArea.heightRatio * container.height
    color: "gray"
    opacity: 0.7
    }

opacity: flickableArea.moving? .7 : 0;
    opacity: Behavior { NumberAnimation { duration: 400 } }
    }

I am unsure as to what I am doing incorrectly. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Katelyn

• Do you have:
    @
    #include <QDeclarativeView>
    @
    in you .cpp file and
    @QT += declarative
    CONFIG(debug, debug|release):CONFIG += declarative_debug
    @
    in your .pro file? That might me the problem. And please use Code Wrappers. (@)

• What is a .pro file and how does it relate to what I am trying to accomplish?

Also, would it be possible to create the scroll bar in C++ to accomplish the same thing I am trying to do in QML?

• [quote author="kbt90" date="1307722818"]What is a .pro file and how does it relate to what I am trying to accomplish?
    [/quote]
    I was assuming you were using qmake. What build system are you using?

[quote author="kbt90" date="1307722818"]
    Also, would it be possible to create the scroll bar in C++ to accomplish the same thing I am trying to do in QML?
    [/quote]
    It would certainly be possible, but I don't know of any existing implementation. You'd have to write it yourself.

• I am building in an arm environment.

• Well, make sure you're linking against the QtDeclarative library then (if it's available for arm - I don't know that, otherwise you'll have to rewrite it in plain C++)

• okay, thanks for your help!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.