insert one row and display tow rows in qtableview, with an additional blank row, that's why?

• hello everyone,

yesterday, i wrote a test programe using QTableView. i define class CustomModel inheriting from QAbstractTableModel , which implemented rowCount, columnCount, data and headerData. the CustomModel has a member customs storing the data, its a QList. i also add a button to add one item to the data.

But when i click the button, the view shows tow columns, one is the item i add, the other is a blank row.

i can't solve it, thanks for your help!

binding model

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) :
        QMainWindow(parent),
        ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
    {
        ui->setupUi(this);
        model = new CustomModel(this);
        ui->tableView->setModel(model);
        connect(ui->actionAddItem, &QAction::triggered, this, &MainWindow::onAddCustom);
    }

when click a button

void MainWindow::onAddCustom()
    {
        Custom* new_custom = new Custom();

model->appendCustom(new_custom);
    }

It is the code inserting one row

bool CustomModel::appendCustom(Custom *custom, const QModelIndex &parent)
    {
        beginInsertRows(parent, customs.count(), customs.count()+1);
        customs.append(custom);
        endInsertRows();
        return true;
    }

• Hi,
    Parameters you pass to beginInsertRows are wrong. They should be left first and right last index positions after your insert is done. For example if you have 0 items and you insert 1 item, in resulting model will have 1 item who's index is 0. In your function you say it is 1. Therefore view think now you insert two rows 0 and 1

• @asanka424 it works, thanks for you help.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.