Using a singleton without importing it?

• Hi all,

I want to create a QML singleton with some properties in it (for example some colors to reuse). I'd like that singleton to be usable both when launching my QML application with qmlscene and from C++ (through a QApplication and QQmlApplicationEngine).

The only way I've found was to create a qmldir beside my Main.qml and MySingleton.qml with singleton MySingleton 0.1 MySingleton.qml in it and importing it using import "." in Main.qml.

Is there a way to prevent having to import "." wherever I want to use my singleton? I find that import statement confusing as it's not explicit that I'm importing the current directory to get access to the singleton.

Normally, I can create a component, say MyComponent and save it to MyComponent.qml. I can then automatically use this component in other qml files through its filename (without extension). Why can't I do this with the singleton?

Thanks!

• I believe the import "." requirement is a bug that's in the bug database.

• Just for completeness, the bug is this one: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-34418

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.