Changing the tool chain from Microsoft's compiler to MinGW

• Back in the beginning of the year I started working on my first QML application and then stepped away from it after about two months. I am now returning to it...

Originally I lived with the fact that I developed/debug the C++ side in Visual Studio 2008 and simply write the QML in Qt Creator. Now that I am returning to it, I would like to try to do everything in in Qt Creator.

In the build settings of the project, when I click on the Tool Chain's <Manage> button, there are a few MinGW options, one of them being "MinGW runtime (Provided with Qt Creator)", but selecting it and pressing either <OK> or <Apply> seems to have no effect.

What do I need to do to change the tool chain from microsoft ot mingw?

• Do you just use the MinGW toolchain or, using Qt(build with MinGW) ?

• I have not installed MinGW independently of Qt. I am assuming it was installed with Qt Creator. Is this not the case?

• [quote author="scarleton" date="1306892721"]I have not installed MinGW independently of Qt. I am assuming it was installed with Qt Creator. Is this not the case?[/quote]

Sorry, i can't catch you. Hum, do you mean you just had your Qt Creator installed ? And you didn't install any Qt version ?

And how about your code ? It's pure C++ or Qt C++ ? It's determine what kind of tool chain you should use.:)

• Ok, more cylinders are starting to fire now...

I installed qt-win-opensource-4.7.3-vs2008.exe and have compiled it with vs2008. I guess I need to install the MinGW version and compile it with MinGW, correct?

• Yes. After you install the MinGW version, you can select it :)

• I suggest using the Qt SDK online installer.
    then you can select, which version to install and also get other parts (new, other compilers) later easily...

• The following "FAQ":http://developer.qt.nokia.com/faq/answer/how_can_i_set_up_my_environment_for_building_qt_qt_applications_with_mingw describes where you can get MinGW and how to build Qt with it.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.