QVTKWidgets.dll

• Hi everyone,

I am new to QT and I am trying to combing VTK and QT together. In order to use QT with my VS 2005 and 2010, I have compiled QT from source codes and then compiled VTK. The examples In VTK for GUI support of QT is successfully compiled and ran without any problem.

However, I cannot see the qVTK widgets in QT Designer. So I copied the qvtkwidgets.dll into QT_DIR/plugins/designer as is described in many posts online. Then I cannot start Qt Designer. And I got the error as follows:

Debug Error!

Program: C:\Qt\4.7.3\bin\designer.exe
    Module:4.7.3
    File:global\qglobal.cpp
    Line:2262

ASSERT failur in Qcolomap: " A Aqpplication object nees to be constructed before QColormap is use.", file painting\qcolormap_win.cpp, line 143

So could some one help me out with this. Thanks very much.

• Anyone can help? Thanks.

• Finally I have figured out what is happening. When compile VTK, I am using "Debug" mode rather than "Release" Mode. After I recompiled VTK in "Release" Mode, and copied the qVTKWidgets.dll into QT designer's plugin directory, QT designer is working now.

Some reference can be found in the page :http://www.kitware.com/InfovisWiki/index.php/Titan_Simple_Application
    , from which I got the idea to compile VTK In "Release" Mode.

Hopes this will help those who encounter similar problem.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.