GDB "non-stop mode" in Qt Creator

• Is there any way I can use gdb's "non-stop mode" - see https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/Non_002dStop-Mode.html - when debugging in Qt Creator?

I tried adding

set non-stop on

to Additional Startup Commands in Options->Debugger->GDB, but after this, debug sessions seemed to get completely stuck; execution wasn't interrupted at break-points, and the Stop Debugger button was unable to stop the gdb process. The following was displayed in the status view

NOTE: INFERIOR STILL RUNNING IN STATE InferiorRunOk.
    >100^error,msg="Target is executing."
    dCOOKIE FOR TOKEN 100 ALREADY EATEN (InferiorRunOk). TWO RESPONSES FOR ONE COMMAND?
    sExecutable failed: Target is executing.

I'm using Qt Creator 3.2.2.

• By try and error, I found out that you should switch to the right "Thread" in the threads drop-down list to be able to use gdb properly.
    What I did was to enter the command "set non-stop on" in "Additional Startup Commands" of the debugger configuration and catch the right thread.

That being said I am no expert on this matter, as matter of fact I got to know this "non-stop mode" for five minutes. So don't blame me if it does not respond for you. (for me it did with Qt Creator 3.6.0 and gdb 7.9)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.